A soft liner is a permanent layer of soft material that is fitted to the surface of the denture that rests next to the oral tissues. It acts as a cushion and shock absorber between the hard plastic of dentures and the soft gums. Soft liners can be made for new dentures or fitted in existing dentures.
Is A Soft Liner Right For You?
Permanent soft liners provide a high level of comfort and relief for individuals with:
- Severely receded or flat gums.
- Chronic soreness of the gums.
- Gums with prominent or sharp areas.
Advantages of Soft Liners
- Improved comfort.
- Greater ease of chewing.
- Clinical evidence shows almost everyone responds well to soft liner materials.
- A proven technology for over 20 years.
Soft liners require regular follow-up visits with Tram-Blair Denture Clinic to ensure their proper fit and to examine the health of your oral tissues. The use of proper cleaners and good home care is necessary for continued oral health.
Please contact our office if you feel that soft liners may be right for you.