If you are experiencing difficulties with missing teeth or uncomfortable dentures then implant dentures may be a viable option for you to consider.
What are Implant Dentures?
Simply speaking, an implant denture is a denture held firmly in place by titanium posts which are surgically placed into the jaw. During the healing process, the implant will naturally bond with the bone in the jaw forming a strong anchor for the denture to attach to.
Dental implants are a proven restoration option that have a long clinical history and an excellent success rate and are usually placed under local anaesthesia.
Benefits of Implant Dentures:
- Improvement in oral health, the ability to eat and taste, appearance and self esteem.
- Increase in denture comfort and stability.
- Helps to prevent bone loss in the jaw and preserves facial structure.
- Resorption of tissue is greatly reduced.
- Implants are more successful than root canals, crowns and bridges.
- Your mouth is restored to a natural state, enhancing the beauty of your smile and quality of life.
A recent study published by McGill University's dental department concluded that the minimum standard of care for denture wearers should include at least two implants on the lower jaw to allow for adequate function.
Many patients who have chosen implant dentures report that they are comfortable and happy for the first time since the loss of their natural teeth.
Contact Tram-Blair Denture Clinic and we'll help you choose the best solution for you.